Monday, May 13, 2013

Macaroni Monday; Mom's Classic.

We.  Love.  Pasta.  Salads.
Monday's we're going to share some of our favorite pasta salads.
We'll be trying out some new recipes and some we make year after year. 

This is the salad that got us hooked; a quick,easy recipe with classic flavors!


Mom's Classic Macaroni Salad
1 box pasta, cooked and drained (we like to use the curly pasta for this one)
1 cup mayo
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 
1 tablespoon mustard 
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 teaspoon of celery seed

  • In a large bowl mix mayo, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper for the dressing.
  • Add cooked pasta, celery and carrots to the dressing.
  • Mix together, cover and chill.

We want more!!!!!
Thanks Mom!





5 comments:

  1. I will have to give this a try! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Rule: one must make a pasta salad at least once a week. Thanks for sharing this on BRAG ABOUT IT Tuesday at BeBetsy http://bebetsy.com. Makes me want to make it right now - Oh, I always add a sprinkle of hot peppers on the top of mine-YUM! Hmmm, that probably sounds quite strange - oh well, it's good! Thanks again. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this has made me wonder why on earth I never make pasta salad - gotta try it next week! Thanks for joining in with us over at the Creative HomeAcre blog hop. Look forward to seeing you again this weekend at http://mumtopia.blogspot.com/2013/05/bloghop19thmay.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a pasta salad fan too!! This one sounds great! Pinning! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy! Thanks for linking up to Get Social Sunday! Hope to see you back this weekend!

    ReplyDelete